Updating Your Bathroom to Accommodate Your Needs
Do you find it harder and harder to climb in or out of the bathtub? Are you or a loved one dealing with recent handicaps that are making it difficult to access the shower? Anyone suffering from arthritis or a handicap knows how discouraging it can be needing to rely on others for simple tasks. Those feelings are often heightened when it comes to bathing, but that doesn’t have to be a problem anymore. With a customizable walk-in tub, you can have the freedom and independence to take care of yourself when you need to. For more information about a step in tub in Bartonville, TX, dial (972) 581-9865 to connect with AZTX Walk In Tubs, LLC.
A Step In Bathtub With Door
A step in bathtub with a door isn’t just a shower. This is a specially designed appliance for those that are elderly or those with disabilities. The problem with traditional bathtubs and showers is that they aren’t accommodating for those with disabilities. Meaning, they are not easily accessible to those in wheelchairs, those with arthritis, or those with a limited range of motion. That is when you may want to consider a step in bathtub with shower or at least with doors. But what is this?
A step in or walk-in bathtub looks pretty similar to a shower, with a few key differences. Walk-in bathtubs are tubs with a water weight door. The threshold to cross is much lower than typical bathtubs allowing bathers to safely enter the tub. Once the door is shut, it seals and water fills up to a monitored point. You can purchase a step in bathtub with shower features or you can have just the bathtub itself.
Regardless of who this is for, handicap bathtubs in Bartonville, TX are a great investment. These tubs provide an incredible sense of independence and normalcy for those suffering from any kind of limited range of mobility. Connect with AZTX Walk In Tubs, LLC for more information.
Benefits of a Walk-In Tub
Step in bathtubs for seniors or the handicapped have a variety of great advantages. Choosing this for your home can provide a sense of independence that can’t be matched by any other tub out there.
- Water Depth: These tubs do offer a deeper water depth than a typical tub. Most traditional tubs only hold about 13-14 inches of water while a walk-in tub offers almost 4 feet!
- Safety Features: Walk-in tubs are designed for seniors and handicapped individuals so there is a multitude of safety features included with every installation. Handrails, anti-slip flooring, ADA compliant designs, low step, and even anti-scald valves to prevent water from overheating.
- Combined Features: Rather than purchasing all of the aforementioned features, most step in tubs come standard with them. That can help reduce the amount you’ll pay for this system because the cost of step in bathtubs can get very expensive, very quickly.
- Hydrotherapy: Warm water soaks are a known way to help improve and speed the healing process for many ailments. Plus, with the addition of hydro jets, these tubs can provide more than adequate relief and support.
- Water Usage: Compared to a traditional garden tub, what most homeowners have, a walk-in tub doesn’t use more or less water. In fact, they use about the same amount. Because though a walk-in tub is deeper than traditional tubs, it isn’t wider.
Though there are many reasonable advantages to a walk-in tub, there are still some disadvantages. Probably the most notable is the potential increased need for plumbing service. The door leading into the tub will either be a swing-in or swing-out door. If it is a swing-out, there is a greater chance of flooding occurring. Aside from that, the cost of step in bathtubs has ultimately been the biggest deterrent. For competitive prices and rates, give AZTX Walk In Tubs, LLC a call.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are walk-in tubs a good investment?
- If you have anyone with a disability or someone that is older, walk-in tubs are a great investment. They are safe and secure options that give those that need them a sense of independence.
- What is the best walk-in tub?
- The brand Safe Step is highly rated and regarded because it is the best for those with arthritis. AZTX Walk In Tubs, LLC works with the best brands and offers some of the best prices for services. Connect with them for more information.
- How much are safe step walk-in tubs?
- Like any other project, the overall cost for a Safe Step walk-in tub is going to vary based on the size and the scope of the project. However, the base cost of a walk-in tub with this brand does start at $10,000.
- Are walk-in tubs covered by Medicare?
- No, unfortunately, most walk-in tubs are not considered durable medical equipment by the agency. So the cost to install or repair a walk-in tub will not be covered by your Medicare.
- How much does a step in bath cost?
- The cost is going to vary based on certain things such as the size, type, brand, level of customization, and selected features. On average, homeowners spend anywhere between $2,000 and $5,000 for a walk-in soaking tub.
Dial (972) 581-9865 to Connect With the Experts Today
Trust AZTX Walk In Tubs, LLC when you are making an important decision like deciding on a step in bathtub in Bartonville, TX. We can help with installation and repair services any time you need them. Call us today at (972) 581-9865 to book your appointment.